Yamaha yzf 426 2002

3 replies to this topic
  • Jasonmo55

Posted March 19, 2016 - 02:15 PM

Alryt new in here need some advice not too clued up on the bikes other than driving them like wen I start this its first bit of the exhaust attached to engine heats up like instantly it's warm if bikes idle for seconds

• Jasonmo55

Posted March 23, 2016 - 12:51 PM

please some feed back is this normal 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 23, 2016 - 03:08 PM

Totally normal.  In fact, if you roll the thing out into your driveway about a half hour after sunset and let it idle for about 1 minute, it will probably turn a nice dull red.  Maybe not that dull. 

It's a byproduct of very thin wall tubing in the header, a lack of any cooling air flowing over the pipe, aggressive cam timing, and the fact that the normal exhaust gas temps run at around 1200-1500 degrees, whereas a red glow visible in reduced light indicates a metal temperature of around 800.

What should you do about it?  Don't touch it.

• Jasonmo55

Posted March 28, 2016 - 05:30 PM

Thanks mate also sorry to be pest but I was clearing out garage then went shopping around 2 hours the bike had fell over within this time I picked it up n left it to the next morning and tried to fire it up it woundnt start just almost I can normally start it first or second kick and backfired few times which it's never done while tryna kick has it done damage or possibe other problems would be appreciated

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.