TT official 2016 WR450F mods

87 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted July 08, 2016 - 07:19 PM

Pro circuit pipe spark arrestor. I didn't like the spark arrestor that the pro circuit pipe came with as it was like a quite core insert and they don't make a performance model. So I ended up getting a FMF 4.1 spark arrestor and carefully cut off the rings that hold the screen on without ruining the screen. Then found a perfect piece of 1 1/2" muffler tubing at Autozone on the shelf that got pounded in the end of the exhaust. I left a little bit of an overhang in case it needs to come out with vice grips.

Mine does not have the 'smaller' insert/spark arrestor.

Have you ridden with the steel clutch basket yet?  Results ?

• stevethe

Posted July 09, 2016 - 05:37 AM

Mine does not have the 'smaller' insert/spark arrestor.

Have you ridden with the steel clutch basket yet?  Results ?

The Hinson momentum clutch basket does as advertised. Acts like a larger flywheel. That's the feel I got while riding up in Kennedy Meadows last weekend.

Your pipe end should be the same as mine? This is what mine came with and Pro Circuit said that's the only one they had. image_zpsla40dilg.jpeg

• stevethe

Posted July 09, 2016 - 05:52 AM

If anyone does the Hinson momentum steel clutch basket, I had trouble getting the stock gear back in the basket. They say to heat the basket and freeze the gear. I did and tried to pound it in with a shot peen type of soft hammer. It didn't go and Hinson was nice enough to put it in for free they are in Upland Ca. so they weren't far. The basket and gear had grease on it and they did it in a minute, so pretty sure they pressed it in.
It might work with the freeze and heat method but I would recommend a little grease on the gear while freezing it. That might help to be sure it goes in straight.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 09, 2016 - 04:00 PM

The Hinson momentum clutch basket does as advertised. Acts like a larger flywheel. That's the feel I got while riding up in Kennedy Meadows last weekend.

Your pipe end should be the same as mine? This is what mine came with and Pro Circuit said that's the only one they had. image_zpsla40dilg.jpeg

Maybe probably I don't know I'll look someday dadamit it better be better than yours that's all I can say

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted July 09, 2016 - 04:55 PM

Maybe probably I don't know I'll look someday dadamit it better be better than yours that's all I can say

It wasn't that hard to modify. All the auto places carry 1 1/2" muffler adapter tubing. It goes from one size to another and was about 5" long. Cut It to size drill one hole in it get the FMF screen and Shazam it's done.

• dezrattbo

Posted August 08, 2016 - 07:01 AM

Hey guys got about 850 mi on my bike and just started hearing a whining noise especially when going down hill definitely seems to be coming from motor area any ideas

• stevethe

Posted August 08, 2016 - 11:01 AM

Hey guys got about 850 mi on my bike and just started hearing a whining noise especially when going down hill definitely seems to be coming from motor area any ideas

Likely nothing and you really need to make a separate topic post. Unless it's about a mod. to a 16' WR450.

• dezrattbo

Posted August 08, 2016 - 11:47 AM

Ya dude got a picture of her a few pages back,I'll be nice. Just started hearing it somehow don't think it's normal Maybe someone else can chime in

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.