2010 YZ450F won't idle after head gasket replacement

7 replies to this topic
  • MiranAdam16

Posted March 18, 2016 - 06:16 PM

Just did a head and base gasket on my 450f. The bike ran great before tear down, just would puke coolant after a hard run. Now when I start it, it will not idle at all. It sounds pretty rough as i give it a little gas. I turned the idle up and saw no changes. Any ideas?  

• MiranAdam16

Posted March 18, 2016 - 06:35 PM

used same valve shims as before and clearance was within spec

• Monk

Posted March 18, 2016 - 06:38 PM

Clean the injector

• MiranAdam16

Posted March 18, 2016 - 07:39 PM

Clean the injector

no change

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Monk

Posted March 18, 2016 - 07:44 PM

no change

Timing correct?

• MiranAdam16

Posted March 18, 2016 - 07:48 PM

Did it the way it says in the manual. We cant think of anything else it can be, going to tear it back down and redo the timing and valve shims

• billygildark5007

Posted March 18, 2016 - 07:58 PM

There are two sensor connectors that will fit but not "click" in. I believe the ait (airbox) and the map (right side frame) sensor connectors.
Might be worth checking, ive made the same mistake with the same results. Their not color coded...
Any fault codes?

• MiranAdam16

Posted March 18, 2016 - 08:57 PM

There are two sensor connectors that will fit but not "click" in. I believe the ait (airbox) and the map (right side frame) sensor connectors.
Might be worth checking, ive made the same mistake with the same results. Their not color coded...
Any fault codes?

its a black 2 pin in the airbox, the other 2 i see are 3 pin and blue. i will swap the 2 blues and see, thank you!

that was the issue, hell yeah!

Edited by MiranAdam16, March 18, 2016 - 09:02 PM.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.