2016 WR450 Foot pegs

5 replies to this topic
  • stevethe

Posted March 18, 2016 - 05:53 AM

I found the stock position of the foot pegs hard to ride while sitting on the seat.

They are up at a fairly large angle from the outside toward the inside. I guess this was done to hold your feet in while standing up. Which may somewhat work for standing but really sucks while trying to get your feet on the pegs sitting. Your feet also don't stay on the pegs while sitting due to the extreme angle.

I cured mine by being the Guinea pig and cutting then grinding the peg stops. It may have slightly moved the pegs foward but definitely moved them to a flatter position.

Just look where the pegs stop in the down position then try them bit by grinding bit until they come down.

I have Rapter titanium pegs and started out with my buddy machining the stops down a couple of times then the bench grinder finished it. The stock pegs are steel so a simple bench grinder or any other way should do.

My stock pegs were up too far as were the aftermarket pegs the same so it wasn't the aftermarket Pegs.

Edited by stevethe, March 18, 2016 - 05:54 AM.

• Motodisiac

Posted March 18, 2016 - 10:41 PM

I'll just stand

• stevethe

Posted March 19, 2016 - 05:12 AM

I'll just stand

Standing on these trails is okay. Just not on the pegs. :lol:

Racing_zpsam4ecsyp.jpg

Kaw_zpsgdj6idql.jpg

Kaw%202_zpsznfun8p4.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RockerYZWR

Posted March 19, 2016 - 07:34 AM

Reference photo #3 - man I have been there! Such a crappy, energy-sucking situation that I always ride away from thinking, "if only I'd taken a different line and kept my momentum up."

• stevethe

Posted March 19, 2016 - 12:38 PM

Reference photo #3 - man I have been there! Such a crappy, energy-sucking situation that I always ride away from thinking, "if only I'd taken a different line and kept my momentum up."

Your right. That one was no run from the bottom as you have to go around a boulder. If the rider had carried three mph around the boulder he would have had it. It sucked the energy out of him so bad his buddy ended up pushing it the rest of the way.

• stevethe

Posted March 20, 2016 - 05:59 PM

Rode the bike today. One of the best mods I've done standing and sitting on the bike.

Edited by stevethe, March 20, 2016 - 06:02 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.