HELP do all 2013-2014 Wr450 make engine noise?

3 replies to this topic
  • Boosted RT

Posted March 17, 2016 - 07:22 PM

Hey guys I have been looking at purchasing a 2012+ wr450. I have test rode a
2013 and 2014. Both bikes have some hours and miles on them but the owners aren't sure how many. The issue is when I test rode these bikes on the street, just about in any gear when the motor is lugged down a bit and I am accelerating they make a little bit of noise, hard to describe but like a rattle. I have rode a KX450 and it doesn't make this noise. I really like the 2014 but didn't buy it because o want to find out if these noises are normal.
Thanks in advance

• stevethe

Posted March 17, 2016 - 07:26 PM

Likely just plain old chain slap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 17, 2016 - 09:44 PM

Yes, most likely just the chain slapping against the rub strip, which in turn slaps against the hollow swing arm. 

It's loud and it sounds like gears chattering, but it's normal (but does need to be addressed with silicone under the rubstrip)

• fastdadio

Posted March 23, 2016 - 07:09 AM

Lugging thumpers like that is hard on them. Rev 'em up a bit and keep it in the 'happy place' in the rpm's.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.