New-YZ426F-Owner

10 replies to this topic
  • Idonjuan

Posted March 18, 2002 - 11:47 AM

Just bought the bike any tips on what mods I should take???????

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 18, 2002 - 12:16 PM

Get ride of the stock Tires buy 756 Dunlops, BK MOD, and turbo charge the Beast

• txthumper

Posted March 18, 2002 - 12:36 PM

and hope it cranks when you are through..mine always cranks till i want to ride it..then it fouls a plug..bout ready to quit cussin it and SELL it!.

• skthom2320

Posted March 18, 2002 - 01:53 PM

Hey - I finally agree with EgaAhole, almost. :D
Definitely get rid of the *front* 739 if you ride anything but hardpack. I like the 756 I have now. I also prefer the 756 on the rear for soft stuff or mud but the 739 was better on hardpack.

BK mod? My 2001 didn't need it. I'm not convinced the '02 bikes need it either. Just make sure your pilot circuit (fuel screw and pilot jet) are adjusted properly.

See this post about the BK mod: click here

and this on starting and fuel screw adjustments:
click here

Otherwise just ask! :)

Steve

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: skthom2320 ]

• therapture

Posted March 18, 2002 - 02:15 PM

Originally posted by txthumper:
and hope it cranks when you are through..mine always cranks till i want to ride it..then it fouls a plug..bout ready to quit cussin it and SELL it!.

Then you need to rejet it and/or check your settings...something is wrong.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted March 18, 2002 - 03:00 PM

Just becouse I am wrong dont make you right Doh!

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 18, 2002 - 03:09 PM

txtthumper

Do a search on blue wire, this is a very cool fix for the fouling issue. I never have that problem, but then again I am to egotisticle to have problems

When in doubt !
GAS IT

• yamie_rider

Posted March 18, 2002 - 04:59 PM

Urrr..whats a BK mod guys.

• JeremyML

Posted March 18, 2002 - 05:26 PM

I took my (new to me) YZ426F out this weekend for the first time. First time on a 2-wheeler in 14 years, so all things considered it didn't go too badly.

First, follow The Ritual when starting it. Mine fired first kick 90% of the time all day (I stopped a lot), and even fired first kick after I stalled it bogging first gear (whoooops). If you don't know the Ritual, go to the technical links under this section hehe.

As for mods and stuff I couldn't tell ya. The bike seems very linear and predictable which is great for me. Most I've done is some top-of-2nd bunny hops and had a good time all the same. :)

• Shane

Posted March 19, 2002 - 01:18 PM

Thats wierd i thought i already posted this but when i came back it wasnt there... any way, i have heard that one of the most important things to do is to lube the bearings int the axles, also to lube the swingarm. I guess the guys at the dealers dont do a very good job. It might take awhile but would you rather spend a night to lube up your bike or replace the things that you should have lubed? Also do the normal stuff like keep the air filter clean, the chain clean, keep your oil fresh (duh!). One more thing, is this a new or used bike?

• Shawn_Mc

Posted March 19, 2002 - 01:49 PM

If your bike is brand new, and you know what your doing, take the whole damn thing apart and put it back together the way it should be. Its pathetic, how much or how little grease they use. You'll be amazed........

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.