09 YZ450F shock on 07 WR450F

5 replies to this topic
  • 2strokeYardSale

Posted March 16, 2016 - 09:48 AM

Will a 2009 YZ450F shock fit and work on a 2007 WR450F?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 16, 2016 - 10:56 AM

• 2strokeYardSale

Posted April 03, 2016 - 02:07 PM

Apparently not. The bottom of the shock won't fit in the linkage. I measured and it's wider than the WR450F.  The part numbers for the collars are different.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted April 03, 2016 - 02:16 PM

What doesn't fit.

• 2strokeYardSale

Posted April 04, 2016 - 08:29 AM

The width of the collars is too much for the width of the linkage. It could be because I'm using WR collars. The YZ shock uses the same bearing/bushing, the same seals, but different collars.

• 2strokeYardSale

Posted April 06, 2016 - 08:17 AM

I got the new YZ collars and they are even wider than the WR collars. I figured either the wrong bearing was in the YZ shock, or the layer of rust on it spaced out the collars too wide for the linkage. So I tried to remove the bearing and ended up with it partially trashed and partially stuck in the shock. FML. I don't know if I can dremel it out or what.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.