08 WR450F Carb cleaning

3 replies to this topic
  • DrFeelGood

Posted March 15, 2016 - 06:42 AM

Well... I rebuilt/cleaned the carb on my 08.  It's not the first time I've done it, or the second time... but I'd like to kick the engineer that designed that bike!!!  Talk about fitting 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lbs bag... sheesh.

That being said, the bike started after about 2 revolutions of the starter and varoooommmmm!!!

I'm getting a lot of popping on decel.  I've read that it's a lean condition, but I've adjusted the air/fuel (with the installed flex-jet) and it runs great!!  Just the popping.

Any advice?  :excuseme:

450-1.JPG

450-2.JPG

450-3.JPG

Edited by DrFeelGood, March 15, 2016 - 06:48 AM.

• JVP

Posted March 15, 2016 - 07:51 AM

That is from a lean condition.  My guess is the Pilot Jet.  If it hasn't happened in the past, then you need to go back in there and clean the jet and the circut.  If this was an ongoing issue, then put a larger jet in there.   

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 15, 2016 - 01:16 PM

That is from a lean condition. 

Not always.  It can also be from an air leak into the exhaust, usually at either end of the header, or on a WR, a faulty air cut valve. 

• DrFeelGood

Posted March 15, 2016 - 06:28 PM

Found it. The vacuum line from the intake to the AIS valve under the tank slipped off during tank installation.

Runs like a champeen now!!!, Runs nice and cool and starts hot or cold.

Braaaap!

Thanks for all the replies!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.