Anyone damaged or seized their front caliper and still have the parts?

4 replies to this topic
  • z4me

Posted March 18, 2002 - 03:41 AM

I broke the piece that bolts to the fork. The piece that allows the caliper to float.

Unfortunately this piece is not available separately - has anyone replaced their front caliper and still have the parts - and maybe willing to part with this piece?

Posted Image

• couch

Posted March 18, 2002 - 05:06 AM

Sean, I have th ecomplete front caliper assy off an '00 YZ 426 bigalscs@hotmail.com or call
Craig @ 618-723-2577

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jmcgeemd20

Posted March 18, 2002 - 05:21 AM

If it is just the piston that the caliper slides on you can get on off a Honda CR 250. Both Yamahas and Hondas use Nissin brakes, it's just that Yamaha only sells the whole caliper kit whereas Honda sells the individule parts. I made on from a bolt first and ground the threads until a parts guy told me he found the piece from Honda. Any questions send me an email at jmcgeemd@hotmail.com. (I accidently came to the 426 forum instead of the 250 forum. Aren't you glad I screwed up) Later.

• z4me

Posted March 18, 2002 - 06:39 AM

couch -

How much are you looking to get for that caliper?

jmcgeemd -

That is excellent info! Down from $150 to $50 now. I am still wondering if anyone will sell me a used part as I am currently unemployed and have very little cash on hand.

• couch

Posted March 18, 2002 - 10:58 PM

Z4me, the caliper lists for $181, so whats a reasonable amount for a good used one? $75.00 ?

let me know.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.