02 426 linkage/shock/swing arm bearing question

7 replies to this topic
  • 0bigsilver6

Posted March 14, 2016 - 05:50 AM

Will ALL the bearings from all three of these parts press out from either direction? The swing arm bearings look like they have a bigger diameter hole on the outside than on the inside. I gotta press them out today while at work and I forgot my manual. Please help!

• grayracer513

Posted March 14, 2016 - 06:45 AM

The swing arm and the connecting link bearings sit in stepped bores.  They have to be pulled form inside to out only.

• 0bigsilver6

Posted March 14, 2016 - 06:52 AM

The swing arm and the connecting link bearings sit in stepped bores. They have to be pulled form inside to out only.

Which part is the connecting link?

• grayracer513

Posted March 14, 2016 - 07:01 AM

The U shaped link that connects the relay arm to the frame.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 0bigsilver6

Posted March 14, 2016 - 07:04 AM

The U shaped link that connects the relay arm to the frame.

Got it! Now that you say that I see there is a step down in it. Thank you!

• 0bigsilver6

Posted March 17, 2016 - 10:26 AM

New question. I screwed up some of the bearings in the linkage so I ordered a couple replacement Yamaha bearings. There is this yellow wax liner in the needle bearing, and I supposed to remove that?

• grayracer513

Posted March 18, 2016 - 06:18 AM

That's the "permanent" built-in lubricant.  Personally, yes, I would remove it and pack the bearings with a good grade of marine rated high pressure grease.

• 0bigsilver6

Posted March 18, 2016 - 07:31 AM

That's the "permanent" built-in lubricant. Personally, yes, I would remove it and pack the bearings with a good grade of marine rated high pressure grease.

That's what my thoughts were as well. All the pivot works bearings were bare and I had to pack with grease. Will do with the Yamaha ones as well, thanks for the info.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.