which protapers to match stock bend?

3 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted March 18, 2002 - 01:47 AM

I've acquired some pro-taper mounts (super big thanks to Tuck for the donation!) and I would like to get a set which matches the stock bend. Does anyone know the dimensions of the stock bar? The stock bend is OK for me and I'm afraid of trying something different and haveing a $75 oops. ;P Thanks!

• cfisher185

Posted March 18, 2002 - 05:22 AM

I'm pretty sure there is a "YZ" or "Yamaha" bend. This would be the stock bend ... Check Pro-Taper, FMF BFB, and Tag. I'm pretty sure one of them carries that bend...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • F-Pilot

Posted March 18, 2002 - 04:25 PM

Per renthal.com the '98-'01 Yamaha bend is Renthal #966 (92 high 57 sweep) Same as Pro Taper Doug Henry bend per mxsouth.com.
I have been shopping for big bars myself. Found the Renthal FatBar at BTO Sports for $60 + $10s/h.
Where do you get ProTapers for $75?

• dirtdad

Posted March 18, 2002 - 05:29 PM

what he said. I have the ProTaper Doug Henry bend and they are a match.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.