Lights and power

2 replies to this topic
  • Snrub0800

Posted March 13, 2016 - 10:53 PM

Hey guys I have an 09 WR450 with a Baja street legal kit(minus the headlight). It has the stator to support all the lights and I want to put more lights on it, I do a lot of riding at night. I would like to put 4 cube lights on it, 2 floods on the side and 2 spots in the front. The lights I'm looking at are Rigid Industries 20211 and 20221, according to the websites FAQ they'll need 4.4 amps to run them all. Can I do it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dualsportwr450

Posted March 14, 2016 - 07:26 AM

What size stator do you have and what's the wattage of the lights. I had a 100 watt stator on mine and was running just a 80 light and it barely even charged the battery. Might wanna go with a Baja designs Led like the squadron or xl and run a helmet light. I do slot of night riding in the desert and that set up works great. Might be able to get away with a double squadron. Not sure on that but you will want the biggest stator you can get. I think max is 100w. I had an 08 wr.

• Snrub0800

Posted March 14, 2016 - 09:53 AM

I do not know what size stator I have, it's the stock one. I did have to modify the stator when I got the kit so it could run all the lights. Each cube would run 20 watts so 80 total. I will look in to stator upgrades.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.