Need help locating a tool

1 reply to this topic
  • ckulzer

Posted March 07, 2004 - 05:21 PM

Good day,
I am wondering if anyone would know of a good spot to order a Yamaha tool for setting the torque of the steering stem bearings. I am getting ready to install a WER steering damper and I have to disassemble the front end of the bike.

The Yamaha part number is 90890-01403 and my local dealer wants $50 US dollars to order it.

Ride fast - Take chances

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ryster

Posted March 07, 2004 - 05:38 PM

Just changed mine out, and if I remember corectly the torque on the ring nut is 7ft lbs, not much at all.I could not bring myself to spend $ for that.I just snugged it up using a hammer and punch, tightened the top nut and checked for play- tightness etc. took a couple of attempts but worked out fine .Just remember better a little tight than a
little loose :D
might want to try harbor freight if you want to go with the tool :).

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.