Is this a good deal on a '05 WR450F motard

2 replies to this topic
  • Craig A

Posted March 10, 2016 - 09:47 AM

Hi guys, so I'm coming from the DRZ side of the world, to you WR-ers.

I'm asking on behalf of a friend if this is a good deal for a '05 Yammi WR450F Sumo.

The guy is asking for the equivalent of about $2500 USD for it. It has a GTYR pipe and runs well. I've actually ridden with the owner a few times before on group meets, and he's a cool guy and knows bikes well (He would have taken relatively good care of it).

The only thing is - I dont know how much WR's are worth. Especially not ones of this age.

Would the bike be reliable after 11 years of running. Or should it be expected to blow at any minute?

Thanks guys, below are some pics.

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RMK800

Posted March 10, 2016 - 01:35 PM

I would ask the state of the valves and piston.  If he cant' give you any of that information or hasn't done it.  I would stay away.

• Craig A

Posted March 10, 2016 - 11:52 PM

I would ask the state of the valves and piston.  If he cant' give you any of that information or hasn't done it.  I would stay away.

Okay thanks a lot. Aside from the valve shimming, is there anything else to be particularly concerned about on an 11 year old WR450F? Are they known to last that long, or is it asking for trouble? I know the DRZs can last for years, but not sure about WRs.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.