ODI lock on grip users...

10 replies to this topic
  • 0bigsilver6

Posted March 09, 2016 - 05:02 PM

I just installed a set of odi grips on my 02 426. Very impressed with them for the most part, I used the correct cam and all the others to try to fix my issue. The issues the throttle can is way skinnier than the factory throttle tube cam. This results in the throttle grip being able to slide about an 1/8" back and forth inside the part that clamps it to the bars. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this the norm?

• motosinko805

Posted March 09, 2016 - 08:14 PM

Edit: back and forth play or side to side? From seated position

Edited by motosinko805, March 09, 2016 - 08:16 PM.

• 0bigsilver6

Posted March 10, 2016 - 08:38 AM

Edit: back and forth play or side to side? From seated position

From seated, side to side. Sliding on the handlebar, parallel with it

• motosinko805

Posted March 10, 2016 - 08:41 AM

Ok. My odi grips have more play than the stock throttle tube too. Been running them for 12 hours or so with no problems.

• 0bigsilver6

Posted March 10, 2016 - 03:28 PM

Ok. My odi grips have more play than the stock throttle tube too. Been running them for 12 hours or so with no problems.

It doesn't bother you while riding? Seems like it would be irritating.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motosinko805

Posted March 10, 2016 - 03:56 PM

I don't even notice.

• 0bigsilver6

Posted March 10, 2016 - 04:06 PM

I don't even notice.

Alright. I actually contacted ODI about it already. They are sending me another cam that is a millimeter thicker to take up some of the slack. So hopefully that will help and then I will just ride it and see if the slack that is left bothers me.

• mwtrent

Posted March 11, 2016 - 10:06 AM

I bought a pair but they would not fit on my protaper fuzion bars. Plastic inner on clutch side split down the middle just trying to slide it on. Had to cut it apart to get it off.

• tmeyer37

Posted March 13, 2016 - 08:57 AM

I bought a pair but they would not fit on my protaper fuzion bars. Plastic inner on clutch side split down the middle just trying to slide it on. Had to cut it apart to get it off.

did you sand down the "knurled" section of the handle bar? you have to take it down to almost smooth before they will fit on. I believe it talks about it in the instructions. 

• drtrcr400

Posted March 13, 2016 - 11:22 AM

I just installed mine last night on my Pro Taper bars. Definitely had to sand the knurling down quite a bit but they did go on ok. Throttle side fit perfectly. I gotta say so far I really like Rogue version I got!

• mwtrent

Posted March 14, 2016 - 05:52 PM

did you sand down the "knurled" section of the handle bar? you have to take it down to almost smooth before they will fit on. I believe it talks about it in the instructions.

I did not file down the knurled end. Couldn't bring myself to file down my brand new bars for some grips I'd never used before.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.