High idle?

4 replies to this topic
  • dhend8

Posted March 08, 2016 - 03:36 PM

Hi, I have a 2006 yz450f, and when it's warm and I let off the throttle and start to coast with the clutch in it idles high until I hit the rear brake. Does anyone know why it does this?

Thanks!

• Dirtrider 88

Posted March 08, 2016 - 03:47 PM

I can barely understand your post. Look up the carburator online and find the idle screw. Tune it. There ya go

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jon Heron

Posted March 08, 2016 - 04:00 PM

Sounds like a hanging idle to me, my CRF250X is doing the same thing and I haven't looked in to it yet.

The first thing I am going to do is clean the carb and check to make sure there are no air leaks.

If you search your bike make with 'hanging idle' included you may get some hits.

Good luck!

Jon

• L. Euler

Posted March 08, 2016 - 04:53 PM

My KTM 450 XCW did exactly the same thing.  An adjustment of the fuel screw, idle and throttle cables solved it.

• grayracer513

Posted March 09, 2016 - 07:11 AM

"Hanging idle" is generally caused by a lean condition, which can be a simple idle mixture adjustment, an intake air leak, or tight or leaking intake valves. 

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.