4 wheelers.

34 replies to this topic

Posted May 11, 2001 - 06:04 PM

What the heck are you guys talking about? I think Quads are GREAT! As soon as I get too old to ride two wheels I plan on getting four! :) P.S. I will put the loudest pipe on it I can find since I probably won't be able to hear either! :D
There. You got the flame! Hope you enjoy you radical old fart!

[This message has been edited by pmaust (edited 05-11-2001).]

• mikeolichney

Posted May 11, 2001 - 07:01 PM

The way you look at ATVs is the way many mountain bikers see dirt bike riders. For the record, I think ATVs are pretty goofy too and I hate trying to pass them on narrow singletrack at Rampart.

But I also hate riding through horsepoop on my mountain bike. The equestrian community is very powerful where I live, I would worry that if I complain, the trails would be closed to bikes to stop the complaints.

We all need to stick together. The Sierra club will pick us off one by one otherwise.

Posted May 11, 2001 - 09:08 PM

mikeolichney, Mike68 is in dire need of a vacation I think. This whole thing is a spoof to get some feathers ruffled. We need to get Mike out west and ride him into the ground. Translate(he needs a little attitude adjustment) IMO. Mike, this is an invitataion. Then maybe he can go back home and not be such a grump! :) Personally, I think we should limit access to wilderness areas to prevent environ whackos from reeking havoc on our serinity. :D

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted May 12, 2001 - 03:58 AM

You know I really HATE people who hate 4 wheelers!!!!!(HaHa, look at my signature, and add a Honda 250R three wheeler to that.I want to hear anybody say that a three wheeler is easy to ride!!)LOL

00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

• vincegatcore.com

Posted May 12, 2001 - 05:13 AM

Posted May 12, 2001 - 05:29 AM

I'll jump in with my $.02....Most ATV do not have riding skills because you dont need them. You sit on the thing, push your thumb and go. And worst of all when they get stuck, instead of using their brain or skills they just hold the gas WIDE OPEN and dig big ruts that ruin trails!!!! I have heard MANY people around my area that see these ruts and say, "I think that those dirt bikes should be banned for doing this." I am ever quick to point out that the damage was caused by a ATV, not a dirt bike. If ATV riders would use ALOT of common sense,(minus the case of beer :)), and a little skill, other than the gas it, gas it, and when your stuck gas it somemore attitude, the world would be a much better place :D :D :D

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted May 12, 2001 - 09:51 PM

Now come on Guys, You are doing exactly what people do to us, Stereotyping like crazy. If you don't think an ATV takes skill , then I invite you to come ride my Raptor, or my three wheeler. You can even ride my lowly 18 HP warrior, and see if you can do what all these brainless, no ability having riders can do. I love riding my WR400, I ride it the most out of any machine I have. But, my wife and I love our 4 wheelers too. You can NOT compare the two. I do not drink AT ALL. I do have quite a bit of common sense, as do the majority of people out there. I have seen as many idiots on 2 wheels as I have on 4. Don't get me wrong they are out there, but as the saying goes,"people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
I went to a ring spot in the Black Hills, and the owner wouldn't allow bikes out there, and still doesn't, because when he di the bike riders tore up his place.Those are his words not mine. So I guess the moral to my story is, "Can't we all just get along!!"

00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ward

Posted May 12, 2001 - 11:29 AM

Dave (Rodney) VanBrocklin,

Well said.

• Carl_Youngstrom

Posted May 12, 2001 - 04:13 PM

My wife and I just got back from riding a trail within an hour of our home. We both ride bikes this year, prior both she and my daughter rode Quads. When we pulled in the parking lot there were three bikes doing doughnuts in the lot - so rutted up one of my tiedowns came loose. Last October was the last time we had ridden this trail. We usually ride there 4-5 times a year as it is close to home. But last weekend this trail was used by the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan. There were still signs posted from them that said "you may meet 500 riders". This trail is now a whooped up, rutted up, 40 miles of misery. Sorry, but I don't agree with those of you that claim the Quads are the ones tearing up the trails.

• Dougie

Posted May 12, 2001 - 05:43 PM

Oh Jake, tell me Bryan is BSing us? For shame :)

I've run into a couple of these things at rampart coming the other way. And I'm talking the big ones that take the whole trail. Man I hate that. I'm all for everyone getting out there and having fun but at least be cordial about it. And yes, it can be a stereotype but these things were made for hillbillies. OK, I'm kidding, please no harsh emails.

I've noticed the racing models showing up more and more at the tracks. And they throw up a boat load of dust. Added incentive not to let them pass you. As if the humilation wouldn't be enough.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 14, 2001 - 02:37 AM

Rode saturday an didn't see one quad. I feel better now. Ward, you crack me up. Let me know when you drop a Caribu. I heard they are great eating. I was just curious as to how the rest of you feel about are 4 wheeled "relatives". Somewhat of a mixed bag. Glad to see none of you took it personal.

• cueball

Posted May 14, 2001 - 05:38 AM

Originally posted by Bryan:
Hey did I tell you guys that Jake got passed by a quad last time we were going down Hacketts Gulch in Woodland Park.

I even forgot to dig him about it so please help me out here.

I've got some video of Jake nursing his WR along & getting passed by a group of nuns on mountain bikes!! :)

To be fair, this does imply that he was still ahead of me!

• slowrider

Posted May 14, 2001 - 06:07 AM

Hey Ward do you snowmobile? I figure if you own an atv and a wr you must own a sled. I am from montana and have been thinking of making a sleding trip up there. I have a 800rmk all piped out runs like a bat out of hell. Is it worth the trip? thanks for you input

• Howard_Huge

Posted May 14, 2001 - 08:41 AM

The most important thing you are forgetting is that dirt bikes can ride steep and deep single track (unless your scared). I have yet to see a fourwheeler go up any of my favorite trails :) So if your riding with atv's it is by your choice!! QUITYABICHIN :D
motorsports rule,huge

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 14, 2001 - 09:06 PM

Bytchin can be good for the soul. It may have just saved a four wheelers life :). Just kidding. What kind of elevation are you climbing? I haven't found any super long climbs. I have a bunch of short, 1/4 mile technical climbs but haven't found any super long ones yet. I probably will when I start venturing north more. Maine should have some.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.