3 replies to this topic
  • rvanliere

Posted March 16, 2002 - 06:34 PM

Heres my dilema . I own a yz426 and have the chance to trade even up for a wr426 yank and seat combo . I am not a mx racer nor do I hit any big jumps. I mainly ride on an mx track just becouse my buddies do . I want to try harescrables this year but dont want to do the trade if I will hate the way this setup is . I want more fuel as I ride the river in the winter and usually I am pinned for many miles at a time and I like to not have to go back to the truck so often to refuel. I need this advise right away as I am supposed to do the deal tomarrow. Will this setup be comfortable. Will I loose all handling capabilities. PLEASE HELP ME !!! RESPOND NOW !!!!! My clock is ticking .

• yzernie

Posted March 16, 2002 - 06:43 PM

I just went through this very same thing. The WR seat/tank set up will not allow you to get forward on the seat for cornering. The tank and seat are wide and what I feel is very uncomfortable.

I ended up getting an IMS tank from a friend of mine who sold his YZ. It is thin and you can still use the YZ seat. Acerbis is having some killer specials on tanks right now. Go to and hit the specials/closeouts tab. Tanks with caps are $105.00. Don't bother with the year issue as the tanks are the same and will fit from 98-02.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rvanliere

Posted March 16, 2002 - 07:11 PM

I cant find a closeout tab anywhere on that site

• Skiplo3

Posted March 16, 2002 - 08:37 PM

I have a white IMS tank for a yz you can use your yz seat with for sale. that way you can resale it if you dont like it.I will sell it for 75.00, you can e-mail me for more info at if you are interested.

Thanks, Skip

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.