2014 YZ 450 ECU Connector Not Working

8 replies to this topic
  • philamoto

Posted March 07, 2016 - 07:25 AM

Bike runs fine, but the GYTR power tuner won't connect so I can change mapping. Tuner works fine on other bikes. Anyone run into this?

• F0Xryder61

Posted March 07, 2016 - 08:52 AM

Funny you said that. My 2011 YZ 450 is doing the same thing. It currently has other problems that I'm gonna create a thread on today. When I plug mine in when the bike is shut off it just shorts out the GYTR tuner and turns it off and won't turn back on. When the bike is running it will read stats and such but as soon as I shut it off it kills the tuner. Just started doing this 2 days ago. Hopefully someone on here can help us both. I was thinking that either my connections are bad or I have ECU problems...

• grayracer513

Posted March 07, 2016 - 09:15 AM

Funny you said that. My 2011 YZ 450 is doing the same thing. It currently has other problems that I'm gonna create a thread on today. When I plug mine in when the bike is shut off it just shorts out the GYTR tuner and turns it off and won't turn back on. When the bike is running it will read stats and such but as soon as I shut it off it kills the tuner. Just started doing this 2 days ago. Hopefully someone on here can help us both. I was thinking that either my connections are bad or I have ECU problems...

The first thing you should try is changing the batteries in the tuner.

• F0Xryder61

Posted March 07, 2016 - 09:22 AM

The first thing you should try is changing the batteries in the tuner.

Did that 3 times.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NW Briff

Posted March 07, 2016 - 12:53 PM

I have had similiar problems with my tuner. A couple of times I have had too low of batterries and the tuner was not giving the low baterry indicator. Always use new batterries when replacing. Unfortunately they dont last long. Once the aa batteries drop below about 1.42v they will start causing issues with the tuner

Every once in awhile if i send alot of maps in a short period of time it wont want to connect For some reason or another Usually kicking the bike through a few times and letting it sit for a min. Solves this i dont know why.

Also make sure you turn the unit off before unplugging from the bike.

Edited by NW Briff, March 07, 2016 - 01:06 PM.

• F0Xryder61

Posted March 07, 2016 - 07:01 PM

I have had similiar problems with my tuner. A couple of times I have had too low of batterries and the tuner was not giving the low baterry indicator. Always use new batterries when replacing. Unfortunately they dont last long. Once the aa batteries drop below about 1.42v they will start causing issues with the tuner

Every once in awhile if i send alot of maps in a short period of time it wont want to connect For some reason or another Usually kicking the bike through a few times and letting it sit for a min. Solves this i dont know why.

Also make sure you turn the unit off before unplugging from the bike.

Ill try a couple of things that are up my sleeve. Got a top end needing some TLC at the 50 hour mark. Rediculus

• philamoto

Posted March 09, 2016 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. It's my friends tuner, so next time I'll make sure it has new batteries. Stay tuned...

• billygildark5007

Posted March 09, 2016 - 06:45 PM

I've seen this issue happen and it turned out to be one of the connectors is slightly pulled out of the harness on the bike.
I've done it to, sometimes people pull on the wiring instead of the harness....

• philamoto

Posted March 23, 2016 - 08:30 AM

Once again, if you read the the posts on TT you usually get a good solution. I bought a new GYTR tuner put brand new batteries in and it works perfectly. Thanks for the help guy!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.