new xr650r questions..

6 replies to this topic
  • tirebiter

Posted March 07, 2004 - 04:45 AM

Hi folks! Just picked up an 02 XR650R!
Couple of questions about suspension. I'm 6'2', 250lbs. Heavier springs, front and rear installed per race tech spring guide. I didn't recieve an owner's manual with the bike, would like some suggestions on fork clicker adjustment, oil wht.& amount, Rear sag & clicker adjustment, stuff like that.
Bike's allready been uncorked, rocketship!!
Took it up to Cow Mountain for my first ride, proceeded to beat myself too death! Guy that had it before me musta been a monster...Any and all replies are all good!
Thanks, hope to hear from you all soon. Dan

• J_T

Posted March 07, 2004 - 06:05 AM

Tirebiter, Just to clarify...you already have stiffer springs or your looking for recommendations for your size?

If it already does have stiffer springs...would you know the sping rate or maybe the size of the previous owner, you said he must have been a monster?

Second, I know with stock springs the clickers are roughtly in the middle but if you have stiffer springs someone else will have recommendation.

I know this doesn't answer much but more to clear up the question.

It shouldn't take long for someone to have the answers you need.
JT

• RobBarnum

Posted March 07, 2004 - 06:17 AM

Hi Tirebiter.
If you need help with this matter I would be glad too help you in any way I can. Please feel free to call me if you would like. I was just fooling around on the computer and saw the post that you left.I won't answer the phone on sunday
Thanks Rob Barnum. 760-868-8097

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tirebiter

Posted March 07, 2004 - 06:18 AM

J_T, Thanks for the reply.
The new springs were allready installed by the previous owner. I checked with race tech and they are correct for my size & style of riding. It's the fine tuning, front and rear, that I need help with. I performed a search here at TT, found a little info, need more!
Thanks again, Dan

• tirebiter

Posted March 07, 2004 - 06:25 AM

Thanks Rob!
Checked out your site- great stuff!! You'll be hearing from me soon. I'm in N.Cal, what part of the state are you located? Dan

• J_T

Posted March 07, 2004 - 06:30 AM

Tirebiter, I would certainly take the Previous poster (robbarnum) up on his offer. His reputation preceeds him on his knowledge of the XR650R. I have been around enough to recommend sites for finding correct spring rates etc but since you already know that and I'm 170lb I don't have them so as far as tuning them that would be better left to others. I hope you find what you need. People here won't stop until you do.

JT

• tirebiter

Posted March 13, 2004 - 05:55 AM

Rob, First, thanks for your help!!
Went to ForestHill yesterday. Forks were fine as per your recommendations, went 3 clicks softer on both in the rear, smoothed it out nicely!
Again, thanks a heap, You da Man!!!! :D :) :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.