5 replies to this topic
  • Gaskill

Posted March 04, 2016 - 02:38 PM

Has anyone used the 9oz flywheel weight from Steahly off road, on s 2016 yz450?

• JonL515

Posted March 07, 2016 - 10:28 AM

I was torn between the Steahly and the GYTR for my 2014 yz 450.  I ended up going with the GYTR because it can be taken off any time I want.  Steahly is permanent.  I found a good deal on Rocky Mountain and paid $193.  I figured for the extra money, having both flywheels would be a benefit to me.

Based on the research I did, both flywheels accomplish the same end result due to the where the weight is added to the flywheel.  Steahly needs 9 oz to accomplish this and GYTR needed 4.4.  There is not a lot of info out there on flywheels for newer EFI bikes, but that was the general idea that I got.  It would be nice if a comparison was done head to head.  I am satisfied with the results, its been slick and wet here lately and I am impressed with the changes the flywheel made.  I also have tuned my bike for mid to hard pack with direct corner response.      

Edited by JonL515, March 07, 2016 - 10:29 AM.

• Gaskill

Posted March 07, 2016 - 11:52 AM

Well the reason I asked is I sent my flywheel off to Steahly and when I got it back I put it back on the bike and it was rubbing the casting on the motor side, so I bought the gytr flywheel.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JonL515

Posted March 07, 2016 - 03:20 PM

Was that with the spacer installed? 

• rr558

Posted March 12, 2016 - 06:33 AM

I found a used GYTR at a decent price , about the only thing I notice is it doesn't want to stall as easy . It is a little smoother but not 200 bucks smoother . I think it should be heavier imo.

• JonL515

Posted March 14, 2016 - 08:34 AM

After riding mine more, it could be heavier.  I would like to see what a GYTR feels like with 9 oz added to it, not 4.4/

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.