Camshaft - does this look correct?

3 replies to this topic
  • fredszky

Posted March 07, 2004 - 04:41 AM

Posted Image

This is at exactly TDC on my Yamaha WR400 '98.
i have been messing with the camshafts, so im not 100% that this is correct.

when i start the engine, it "ticks" constantly. ive check the clearances on all valves and they seem ok. when i accelerate the engine seem to be a little stiff, hard. not as soft acceleration as it used to be before. :)

does your camshaft look like this in TDC? would really appreciate answer to that question since my manual is wrong (i cannot use the E-I marks, they are wrong manufactured)

• blue_beast_wins

Posted March 07, 2004 - 10:58 AM

your inlet cam is retarded, you dont use the e or the i marks to time the cams, you use the dots. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • galant2nr

Posted March 07, 2004 - 07:07 PM

your inlet cam is retarded, you dont use the e or the i marks to time the cams, you use the dots. :)

That's not very PC. I think you mean "Special", not "retarded"...
:D

• blue_beast_wins

Posted March 07, 2004 - 07:18 PM

That's not very PC. I think you mean "Special", not "retarded"...
:D

Ooops............."Special"............. :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.