steering damper bulk buy

7 replies to this topic
  • leif

Posted March 16, 2002 - 11:59 AM

I found someone who will sell a WER steering damper for $309.00 plus shipping if I can get enough orders. They retail for $359.00. What do you think. Let me know. With business being alittle slow, maybe he would be open for other things too. Thanks!

[ March 16, 2002: Message edited by: leif ]

• YZ400Court

Posted March 17, 2002 - 02:13 PM

Check here, GPR kit 309, WER kit 314. http://monkeybutt.se.../bar_access.htm

• leif

Posted March 17, 2002 - 03:33 PM

Good eye. I wonder if I can talk him down quite a bit more yet. How much would it take for people to be interested?

• leif

Posted March 17, 2002 - 04:13 PM

I gave him a call after I looked at Monkey Butt. He said he will go as low as $299 plus shipping for the WER. That sounds like a great deal. Anyone want one?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • leif

Posted March 18, 2002 - 03:14 PM

I take it no body likes the WER?

• Tommy_Gun

Posted March 19, 2002 - 05:54 AM

The WER dampener is considerably better than the GPR. Why? Because it dampens only when the bars are moved 'away' from center (same with the Scotts). The GPR, although a great unit, dampens both ways, which adds to arm pump, energy expended, etc. I have run the WER dampener in various bikes (off-road racing) for about 6 years and consider it the best for the money. Plus it's out of the way of the bars if you ride enduros, etc. and you need room for computers or whatever. I also have a Scotts on my XR650 and it's nice, but kind of in the way. More money too.

If the GPR now has the ability to only dampen one way, I'm not aware of this. Any dampener is better than no dampener though. Hope this helps.
-Tom
PS: Another plus is that WER is manufactured by Drew Smith - famous multi-time ISDE racer and great guy.

[ March 19, 2002: Message edited by: Tommy Gun ]

• Private_Joker

Posted March 19, 2002 - 08:53 AM

Consider too, that Scott's is probably going to have a damper that mounts over the front fender also.

Out of the way and doesn't impact bars, triple clamp etc...

but a little more expensive too

• leif

Posted March 19, 2002 - 12:56 PM

I want to get one for cheap, but he will only sell at $299 if I order 10 or more. I hate to pay retail for things, and I dont think I can get one for any cheaper.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.