BK Mod

3 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted March 07, 2004 - 12:10 AM

Just wondering what kind accelerator pump duration other people run? Also, what jetting changes if any have others used? The pics on the motoman site show the screw a long way away from the acc pump stop, but the text says about 0.3 sec is the desired duration. :)

Hamish

• tctrailrider

Posted March 07, 2004 - 06:45 AM

The squirt should be less than a second. 1/3 to 1/2 are talked about alot. The only way to tell the difference would be to film it and count frames. Mine is about 1/2 second and has no bog.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted March 07, 2004 - 11:55 PM

Thanks, i'll try a longer duration when i remove the carb to do the Jamesnow mod.

Hamish

• Matt96xr6

Posted March 08, 2004 - 06:14 AM

The timing of this whole thing is really tricky. Make sure that you have the timing set correctly! The only way I could tell if the timing was correct was to set it to where I could see that the slide was wet, ie the squirt hitting the slide. Then wipe the slide, 1 sixteenth of a turn until it was missing the slide. After that, the duration was simple on my 00 (the diagaphram is a bad one for that year).

Alternative to the BK mod, you could order up the '02 diagaphram. I put a tech post in the YZ forum with the numbers, duration, etc from the 04 tech seminar book.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.