2013 WR450F Stock "PowerBomb" Header & Exhaust Choice

3 replies to this topic
  • Brackish

Posted March 02, 2016 - 10:53 AM

I just bought a 2013 WR450F that is completely stock.  What's the deal with the stock PowerBomb header?  I thought I read somewhere that it's not the same as the aftermarket one.  Is that true?  Should I get a full exhaust or just buy a slip on?  Which exhaust should I buy if I plan to ride my bike on the street?

• dirznut

Posted March 03, 2016 - 09:44 AM

I bought a slip-on for my '12. It comes with a spacer to use with stock header or you take it out to use with power or megabomb. I guess the fmf headers have slightly wider diameter.. but I don't think it's worth the price for a small gain. The slip-on itself didn't seem to do much either.. but that was coming from an uncorked stocker. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brackish

Posted March 03, 2016 - 12:19 PM

Do you have the GYTR ECU and tuner?

• dirznut

Posted March 03, 2016 - 03:22 PM

Yes, ECU, tuner, FMF tune, GYTR throttle screw (came with competition ECU), uncorked airbox. 

I didn't see a big difference but I also didn't get much seat time all together stock or fmf exhaust. Mainly louder.. maybe I need to try different maps.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.