2000 WR400 Fork Upgrade

2 replies to this topic
  • YamahaWR_444

Posted March 01, 2016 - 12:51 PM

I have a 2000 WR400 with stock forks that are pitted and leak. They have been resealed twice, and seem to be super stiff and unforgiving until the oil leaks out, but then they don't work well for landings. Suspension is not my strong point. My question is should I try to get these forks rechromed or replaced with new, or should I look for forks off of a newer bike? What forks will bolt on (even if I need to buy the triple tree with them)?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamahaWR_444

Posted March 06, 2016 - 06:37 PM

Anyone upgraded to later model forks?

• YamahaWR_444

Posted March 20, 2016 - 01:11 PM

Do the stock forks work pretty good after installing a race tech gold valve kit? Or should I upgrade to 07 WR450 forks?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.