2015 wr450f Run without battery?

3 replies to this topic
  • 450crazy

Posted February 29, 2016 - 12:40 PM

Does anyone have advice on running a 2015 wr450f without a battery? It seems it was redesigned to run without it but I cant find any verification.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted February 29, 2016 - 12:47 PM

It runs without the battery.   Just disconnect one of the leads (tape it) to see.

If you remove the controls behind the light you need to do a bit of wiring.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450crazy

Posted March 01, 2016 - 03:54 AM

Thanks Midlife

I worded that wrong. I took the battery out ran the bike a few min no problem. I guess the real question is other than the odometer not retaining its information is there any damage at can happen. i.e. no load on the charging system, the gytr ecu or anything like that. Thanks again.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted March 02, 2016 - 08:11 PM

Not that I am aware of.   I ran my bike for a few hours with no battery.   Then I removed the front light and odo and ran it like that for the last 2+ seasons. No issues.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.