XR600 Jetting?

3 replies to this topic
  • 600ish

Posted March 06, 2004 - 04:41 PM

I recently bought a new White Bros. headpipe and E-series s bend silencer that I have not installed yet and I do not know the first thing about jetting. I am not replacing the stock exhaust but basically a straight thru Cobra silencer that was just a straight pipe and it runs great. Any tips on re-jetting the carb would help, and how to go about figuring out what I need to get the most out of the bike.

• AzMtnThumper

Posted March 06, 2004 - 05:47 PM

Here's a couple of articles to start with: Thumper Jetting
Carburetor Jetting
I would guess that going from a straight through design to a (bit) more restrictive exhaust would require leaning out the jetting, especially the main jet. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RobBarnum

Posted March 07, 2004 - 06:58 AM

Hi 600ish,
First thing that you shuld do is nothing. Just install the pipe and see what the bike is asking for first. you might be lucky. But if you need help from there you can call me or email me 760-868-8097 email rob@barnumspro.com
Thanks Rob Barnum

• sunnymex

Posted March 07, 2004 - 07:06 AM

Rob,

What's going on man? I heard you started racing again? Mike told me that the pits were great for the 1000 last year. You still going to be doing this for the races this year? Looking forward to it. Should be fun. You heading south anytime?

Bests,
Sunny

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 4 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.