Questons RE: 16' 450FX

61 replies to this topic
  • NW_drZ

Posted April 06, 2016 - 03:00 PM

What Krannie said, great post!

Edited by NW_drZ, April 06, 2016 - 03:01 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ridein

Posted April 11, 2016 - 11:35 AM

I checked the fluid when it was new and I'm 99% sure it was full. I recall it having green coolant I believe. It did get hot on me once when we got off trail and had to trail blaze a bit. I'll mess with it tonight and see if it's leaking. Think it would be a good idea to change the rings and piston now or could I get away with holding off until 50-75 hours? I've had a lot of bikes and never had this issue but you live and learn I guess.

Any other suggestions please lmk, they're much appreciated. I'll report back with what I find.

Did you end up with a conclusion on this?

I've been window watching the 450fx for bit now, and was just wondering if it was a potential issue or more of a "house settling in" deal. :unsure:          

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.