Questions RE: 16' 450FX

1 reply to this topic
  • jwilson32

Posted February 26, 2016 - 09:18 AM

I pulled the trigger and I'm heading up to the dealership in a few hours to pick up the new ride... Super stoked!

Couple of questions as I've never owned a Yamaha... All KTM's prior to this...

- I plan on greasing all wheel, steering steam, linkage, swingarm, etc bearings and loctiting bolts...  Anything in particular I should look out for?

- I'm picking up the tuner and also have an FMF slip on coming today. What is a good base MAP setting for hare scramble racing in tight single track and the FMF muffler?

I'm ordering a couple sets of fork and shock springs for my weight. I plan on riding it with the stock valving for now as I've heard it's pretty good. What sag numbers should I start with for offroad use? I'm sure it's in the manual but thought I'd ask y'all what you've found works best as a base starting sag.

Thanks and I'll report back after riding it this weekend!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted February 26, 2016 - 10:46 AM

You've got it pretty much covered. You could try this map that is in this thread. http://www.thumperta...opinions/page-2
Look in the book for the recomended sack. I was quoted 105mm by Enzo on mine.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.