Rebuilding My 99 WR400

13 replies to this topic
  • MonK_E

Posted March 06, 2004 - 11:29 AM

Hi guys I was thinking of posting a PIC by PIC rebuild of my WR if you are interested let me know and I will try and do a good documentation of it. :D

I have just sprayed my frame it looks the mutts nuts. :)

Posted Image

• MonK_E

Posted March 07, 2004 - 10:19 AM

this is my bike after half a days work, it is coming along nicely (it looks like new) :) :D
Posted Image

• Jekel

Posted March 07, 2004 - 01:20 PM

looks good. Keep the pics coming. :)

• MonK_E

Posted March 08, 2004 - 12:17 PM

This is the next stage. Tomorrow I will run it for the first time (on the stand) to make sure the engine runs fine. I have to wait to Wednesday before I can put the swingarm on because I ordered the bearings and the should arrive then hopefully. I also checked the Speedo hub and its broken so I also have to order one of those. I think I will get the bike done by Sunday if all my parts arrive. :) :D :D

Posted Image

• MonK_E

Posted March 09, 2004 - 12:45 PM

I can't wait to get the swingarm bearings, it's nearly done :)
Posted Image

• DOGBITE

Posted March 09, 2004 - 01:28 PM

I hope it fits through the door when your done (just kidding).Looks good. :)

• MonK_E

Posted March 10, 2004 - 12:52 PM

I haven't done much to day after work. All I did was replace the rear wheel bearings and put a new rear tire on the wheel, it took me all evening to put that F#@*$%^ piece of rubber on a round bit of aluminum. :D never mind there is allways tomorrow :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DOGBITE

Posted March 10, 2004 - 01:21 PM

Tires can be a real pain when they are not good and warm.I did my sons today and I was having grief. :)

• Wrbiker

Posted March 11, 2004 - 04:35 AM

yeh, i am interested...

:)

• MonK_E

Posted March 11, 2004 - 11:52 AM

Well, today I started on the swingarm bearings. I looked in the bag of bits I got from my dealer only to find that there is 2 bearings, 2 seals, 2 washers and a bush missing from the whole kit. IM not very pleased but I'll just have to go to the dealer tomorrow and order these parts again. I also looked on the ticket and they are not on there so I don't have to pay for them twice. it is going to take at least another week to receive these parts.

I put the tank on quickly just to start it and hear what the new pipe sounds like.
It's Brutal !!! :) :D :D

P.S. I will post some more pics soon

• DOGBITE

Posted March 11, 2004 - 11:56 AM

You better ride it soon. :)

• yamaha.dude

Posted March 11, 2004 - 02:38 PM

Just a reminder that bearings are available here in the TT store -substantially cheaper than the dealer - and complete kits... not having to order the bits and pieces individually or one at a time...

http://shop.thumpertalk.com

Good luck, keep the pics and updates coming...

David

• MonK_E

Posted March 12, 2004 - 03:47 PM

The parts are on there way, so I can't do much to the swingarm yet.
I decided to change the cam timing to YZ timing but that went wrong and now it runs worse. so I checked the timing marks and cam lobes, every thing seems to be in order but it just won't run right and it takes about 20 kicks to start it. :)

• MonK_E

Posted March 19, 2004 - 02:17 PM

i have got the bearings and have put it all back together, the bike looks really nice now.
i have had the bike running for a bit but then it developed a bit of a problem, :) see here for more info. http://www.thumperta...5/o/all/fpart/1

i can't wait to get it running properly so i can take it out for a real BLAST!!! :D

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.