DOSE THE NEW YZ450F WILL BE 8KG LIGHTER

6 replies to this topic
  • davidvak

Posted March 12, 2002 - 06:25 AM

IF THE NEW YZ450 WILL BE 8 TO 10 KG (AS I SAW IN MOTONEWS.ORG)LIGHTER THEN MY 426 HONDA WILL BE IN REALY DEEP PROBLEMS.
FOR 100% YEAR 2003 WILL BE VERY HOT !!!
I SAW IT ON WWW.MOTONEWS.ORG , THEY SAY YAMAHA FOUND NEW WAY TO MAKE THE BLU LIGTHER....

web page

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 12, 2002 - 08:18 AM

<font color=red>I want one of these if I can't get a 220lb yz450f!
:)
<h2><font color=blue><centerclick>>>>>YZ500F<<<<here </center></h2>

[ March 12, 2002: Message edited by: THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER ]

• Le_Racer

Posted March 12, 2002 - 08:20 AM

Salut!

I haven't checked that site but I guess they're talking about the "CF die cast" technology that Yamaha has announced.

What I've read about it seems very encouraging but how far in time t'ill we see it?

One thing that keep me optimistic is that it's an announcement made by Yamaha, I just hope they do like they did with the 4 stroke MX: pick-up the ball and run away with the game...

Something like that coming from Honda might mean that within the decade...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamracing

Posted March 12, 2002 - 12:45 PM

Yeah, motonews.org has some pretty good inside information.
David ya-maniak...

• yamie_rider

Posted March 12, 2002 - 02:15 PM

Im putting a deposit on one next week. SWEET DEAL. :)

• Shane

Posted March 12, 2002 - 03:12 PM

About the YZ 450, will we make a new discussion area or just make this one YZ 400/426/450?

• holeshot

Posted March 12, 2002 - 07:20 PM

Hmmmmm..well 10 kg is 22 lbs. Let see, the 426 engine weighs 66 lbs. The bulk of the weight is made up of steel parts like transmission gears and shafts, counterbalancer and gear, clutch drive gears, crankshaft (heavy), rod, cams, cam gears and chain, magneto, valve springs, bolts (and a few things I've missed). If one third of the weight of the present 426 is aluminum, then the thickness would have to be equivalent to that of aluminum foil to lose that much weight.

Of course, I didn't believe that anyone would make a 250 four stroke motocrosser either, so I'm sure I could be proven wrong again :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.