2007 WR450 - good buy?

4 replies to this topic
  • NLRichyJ

Posted February 25, 2016 - 01:40 PM

Hey guys I am looking at getting a bike for SM, found a 07 WR that has 12k kms for $3500 (Canadian). It's plated but doesn't have a SM wheel setup, but has had the top end done a couple thousand ago with apparently a better piston.

I am curious what's the typical longevity for these bikes? Anything to look for in particular?

Was going to get a '14 and swap it back and fourth to dirt but I get the feeling of rather have two separate bikes.

• stevethe

Posted February 25, 2016 - 02:10 PM

They go a long time. But hopefully whoever did the work did a proper job.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beairmo

Posted March 05, 2016 - 04:07 AM

Hey guys I am looking at getting a bike for SM, found a 07 WR that has 12k kms for $3500 (Canadian). It's plated but doesn't have a SM wheel setup, but has had the top end done a couple thousand ago with apparently a better piston.

I am curious what's the typical longevity for these bikes? Anything to look for in particular?

Was going to get a '14 and swap it back and fourth to dirt but I get the feeling of rather have two separate bikes.

The 07-09 WR450F has a "stutter" when the ECU map switches. This is not a big deal at all off road. You don't feel it all. But on the road, you will go nuts.

I would test ride it on the road and see how the stutter is. Some bikes have it, some not so much. Its all about the TPS and how dialed in it is.

• stevethe

Posted March 05, 2016 - 06:47 AM

The 07-09 WR450F has a "stutter" when the ECU map switches. This is not a big deal at all off road. You don't feel it all. But on the road, you will go nuts.

I would test ride it on the road and see how the stutter is. Some bikes have it, some not so much. Its all about the TPS and how dialed in it is.

Putting in a Dynatek ignition on the torque setting removes the stutter.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 06, 2016 - 06:42 AM

The ignition studder is felt as partial throttle, and is eliminated by unplugging the TPS.

This will reduce throttle response and acceleration about 10% however.

As mentioned, a Dynatek ignition will cure it (about $300)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.