header pipe fix?

5 replies to this topic
  • criss

Posted March 12, 2002 - 03:12 AM

I recently put a dent in my dsp ti header pipe, aprox 2"x 1"x 1/4" deep.Anybody had any expierence in repairing dents like this?(I'm worried because the metal is so thin).

• dirtdad

Posted March 12, 2002 - 03:16 AM

check this out: http://mx393.tripod.com/header.html

• Merfman

Posted March 12, 2002 - 04:26 AM

I also sent a badly crimped and cracked pipe to Pacific Crest Pipe repair. They couldn't get it 100% straight and "to their standards" so they returned it, no charge for either the shipping or the fix. It was definitely good enough for me and I argued with Bret that I'd pay at least 1/2 of the fix and shipping but he'd have none of it.

Great guys to do business with IMHO.

www.piperepair.com

Merf

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cjuncker

Posted March 25, 2003 - 09:26 AM

I tried to send my own bent YZ426 headpipe to Pacific Crest. Unfortunately they told me that they can not fix headers if they are bent and if they are stainless steel. If they are titanium it's ok though.

So as I result I had to pay postage fees to send it and Pacific Crest also had me pay for sending it back, even though it said on their FAQ that they can fix header pipes.

• Chazlom

Posted March 25, 2003 - 06:32 PM

criss, I had the same dent, right at the bend of my pipe where it comes out of the head. I have a stock Ti header for the 450. I went with the Motomans setup and it was a 100% Success. I used Map gas instead of propane. Besides a slight discoloration you wouldn't know I had a big dent in the pipe.

• Chaindrive

Posted March 26, 2003 - 01:29 PM

What do you think would happen if I tried Motoman393's fix on a ceramic coated header like the Big Gun? Would the coating flake? Anyone done this?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.