My headlight bulbs keep blowing.

4 replies to this topic
  • realizzy

Posted February 24, 2016 - 05:10 PM

Hi guys first time using thumper talk with a new topic. Have learnt alot off here.
So my headlight bulbs keep blowing started few months ago. I bought a new rectifier that seemed to solve the problem then a week later they blowing again. I dont want to go and spend more on another rectifier for it just to blow again.
Does anyone have any insight into this?

P.s i havent got a standard headlight its a universal one off ebay.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 24, 2016 - 05:48 PM

bike

year

model

hours

lighting equipment

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted February 24, 2016 - 05:50 PM

Bad ground

• RockerYZWR

Posted February 24, 2016 - 08:07 PM

Bad ground and you'll probably need another new reg/rec once you find and fix the bad ground.

• realizzy

Posted February 25, 2016 - 03:52 AM

Yamaha WR 450 2004
I dont have clocks but has alot of hours on it. I have posted a pic of my headlight also. Before i changed my rec last time i stripped the bike checking all grounds. Some people have told me it could be my stator is that right? ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1456401097.655936.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.