Who has ridden a ktm350?

28 replies to this topic
  • motocrotts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 03:29 PM

I did not do the sss mod and make it open chamber. It's still a twin chamber, added base adjusters and a machined base valve the Kevin makes. Either way, that 15 year old design is proven so if the shoe fits....

Correct me if I'm wrong but the SSS mod is a twin Chamber mod.  Your mod retains the 4 chamber system with rebound on the top and base valve compression adjusters on the bottom.

• Kelso1

Posted April 08, 2016 - 06:15 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but the SSS mod is a twin Chamber mod. Your mod retains the 4 chamber system with rebound on the top and base valve compression adjusters on the bottom.

I was under the impression sss forks are open chamber. Maybe someone can chime in and clarify.

• grayracer513

Posted April 08, 2016 - 07:03 AM

I was under the impression sss forks are open chamber. Maybe someone can chime in and clarify.

Uh, no. They aren't.  The SSS is a closed twin chamber setup.  YZ forks prior to '05, and WR forks prior to '12 were open chamber.

• motocrotts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 09:55 AM

2007-2014 KTM SX/SX-F models, 2008- 2013 XC/XC-F models were Closed Cartridge forks. Complicated and expensive to produce. Fair fork just needs money to become good. KTM open chambers are the same sucky fork they've been making since 1997 to 2016 XCW's, XCWf"s, All the street bikes and EXC's. Holding the front fender off the tire is their finest attribute.  Oh yea, the 4CS is just as good but can be made into a great fork, it just takes money. Regardless, for 2017 the 4CS is discontinued for a new air fork.  Here we go again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kelso1

Posted April 12, 2016 - 07:53 AM

Update: I was able to get yesterday and finally ride. I'm pretty happy with the new setup. Bottom resistance was greatly improved along with braking bumps. Glad I kept the bike and worked through these suspension woes. I think with a little more tuning in the adjusters it will be even better. Wish I would have went away from the original design long ago.

• motocrotts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 09:41 AM

Once re-designed the 4cs works very well. Why couldn't Ktm WP do the same thing?

• grayracer513

Posted April 12, 2016 - 10:00 AM

This is drifting fairly far off of the forum topic.....

• Kelso1

Posted April 12, 2016 - 11:19 AM

This is drifting fairly far off of the forum topic.....

So getting back on topic, comparing to the yz250 (I know it's not the 450 I mentioned ) that I rode I would say my 350 is comparable to the sss fork, or at least enough to where I feel confident on the bike.

• RAR

Posted April 13, 2016 - 01:14 PM

A little late, but I rode a stock 2016 350SX and 2016 450SX with full Kreft suspension mods ($$$), on an mx track.  I bought a 2016 YZ450 and the suspension in stock form is pretty impressive.  I'm really way too heavy for it but it works... have not touched a clicker yet.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.