XR650R Shock Spring

1 reply to this topic
  • fourstrokin650

Posted March 05, 2004 - 05:38 PM

I weigh about 165 lbs. I am thinking about going down a little on the shock spring rate. I have heard that the stock spring is for a 180 lb rider and it does seem that my sag settings are a little off for my weight. I get a lot of static sag (maybe 1.5") when I set up for 4" of loaded sag. Should I go down? If so, what is the stock rate, and what rate should I go to?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrDirt

Posted March 05, 2004 - 06:26 PM

I am about 180# and went to a stiffer rear spring along with a revalve. I would think that at 165# you should be able to make the stock spring work okay. Call Precision Concepts, they are in CA and should be able to tell you for your weight if the spring will work.
DrD

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.