Should I buy spare parts bike?

2 replies to this topic
  • tmav66

Posted February 19, 2016 - 06:02 AM

I recently purchased a pristine 09 yz450 and plan on keeping it for a long time cause it's all the bike I need. So my question is my buddy just gave up on his 07 yz450 and said he'd sell it to me for 650$. It has brand new cases, crank, jug, piston and head. He rode it once for about a hour after rebuild then it lost spark and is just fed up with it and bought a new bike. Forks leak shocks leak but that's not a biggie. So what do u guys think? Is it worth it? And are the forks and shock on a 07 the same as 09 cause it would be worth setting em up for woods and having two sets for mx and woods to swap would be nice. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted February 19, 2016 - 06:59 AM

An 07 YZ450F for $650? I'd buy it. You could probably get it running again and fix the leaky forks and shock and still be under $1000 total into the bike. Keep it or turn around and sell it for a profit.

Sometimes its just fun to have a project bike as well.

Edited by CSAR FE, February 19, 2016 - 07:00 AM.

• tmav66

Posted February 22, 2016 - 06:03 PM

I'm gonna go for it, what the hell.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.