3 replies to this topic

Posted February 18, 2016 - 07:11 AM

want to remove my head light assembly 2005 WR 450 and run YZ number plate , anyone do this ? and where did you mount the odometer / power switch ?

• stainless601

Posted February 18, 2016 - 06:04 PM

Two 8mm hex bolts hold the headlight plastic one on each side , screwed through the main switch mount bracket on L/S and similar bracket on the right. Unplug the light connector and pull the plastic up off the grommets . The cluster has 3 connectors and 2 8mm nuts removed from below. Just wire tie or tape the harness onto the main harness.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motodisiac

Posted February 19, 2016 - 11:50 PM

Tried to fit YZ plate on my WR today with no luck. The speedo and fuel lights are on the way. It would be nice to keep them. Will try to relocate them later next week.

Posted February 24, 2016 - 08:31 AM

Thansk guys... i can get he headlight/plate off with no issue   it's the on - off button and odometer that need to be relocated ....thats what i'm looking for to see if anyone has done it 

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.