Need help on VIN

4 replies to this topic
  • Bonez724

Posted February 17, 2016 - 03:49 PM

I believe i have a 2000 yamaha wr400f but I am restoring it and want to buy sum parts...how can I tell what the numbers mean by looking at the Vin on the steering column and numbers on rt side crank case

• stevethe

Posted February 17, 2016 - 04:39 PM

I believe i have a 2000 yamaha wr400f but I am restoring it and want to buy sum parts...how can I tell what the numbers mean by looking at the Vin on the steering column and numbers on rt side crank case

You could take the frame vin number to the dealer and they should be able to tell you what you have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bonez724

Posted February 17, 2016 - 04:42 PM

Yea I was hoping I didn't have to go in my local dealer they're a bunch of greedy pricks

• stevethe

Posted February 17, 2016 - 04:55 PM

Just go there to ask them what you bought. I'm sure they can look it up pretty easy.

• scoli121

Posted February 17, 2016 - 05:56 PM

See if this helps: http://www.motosport...ycle-or-atv-vin

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.