Do you like the 09 yz450f?

21 replies to this topic
  • rhinoracin

Posted February 26, 2016 - 12:00 PM

I have an 06 which is essentially the same, I love it. Its been the perfect bike for me, It is set up for the woods with a rekluse, heaver flywheel, WR Tank, hand guards, 18 inch rear wheel. I rarely ride it on the track but when I do it still performs great, at this point I can say this is the best bike I have ever owned and I have had pretty much every color of the rainbow except for orange. 

To get a WR tank on the YZ, do the shrouds or seat have to be swapped too?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tmeyer37

Posted February 27, 2016 - 09:07 AM

The seat is stock. The previous owner put the tank on and gave me the stock tank with the big which still has the shrouds on it so I think you do need to replace them but I cant say 100% for sure. It is nice having a reserve on the petcock though. The tank is not much bigger I think it's only .3 gal bigger.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.