03 WR 450 cracked cylinder

1 reply to this topic
  • muleyhunter

Posted February 14, 2016 - 08:08 PM

I went for a ride last week and I noticed antifreeze coming out of overflow so I rode back to my truck and when I shut it off steam was so bad I could not see after inspection I seen where my exahst goes to cylinder there is a huge crack no water in oil is this fixable or do I need new head thanx for the help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted February 15, 2016 - 06:35 AM

I went for a ride last week and I noticed antifreeze coming out of overflow so I rode back to my truck and when I shut it off steam was so bad I could not see after inspection I seen where my exahst goes to cylinder there is a huge crack no water in oil is this fixable or do I need new head thanx for the help

Pictures or it didn't happen.  :jawdrop:  Actually the water jacket is around the cylinder? Not necessarily at the pipe. You may have just overheated the anti freeze. Depending on the type of riding you do and how much anti freeze you run it can puke out normally. 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.