Ripped off By Injectioneering Wade Wilcox NOW WHAT!

13 replies to this topic
  • mbmak

Posted February 14, 2016 - 07:41 AM

Last fall I bought a 2010 yz450f with low hours on it with hopes of woods riding and maybe some hare scrambles. Rode the bike this past fall a hand full of times knowing that this winter was going to be a full tear down with suspension, gearing, flywheel and other money sucking mods to get ready for spring. After riding the yz a few time to shake off the cobwebs for my 4 year absence I had the WTF moment in regards to first gear and the throttle response.This brings me to Wade Wilcox (Injectioneering) my ace in the hole to make this bike the woods weapon I had in mind. After reading post on this website and articles on how this mod would fix my problem I contacted Wade and sent my throttle body to him. I received a phone call from Wade saying the TB was ready to go so I paid him over the phone and he told me that the TB would be in my hand by the next week. That was almost 2 months ago, I have left countless messages for him with no response. I am out $300 and staring at $650 more for a new TB. Now I am be back to square one with the throttle response and out almost a grand. I have searched online and found out I am not the first and probably wont be the last that have been screwed by this turd. I will save the part where I say how I want to beat his ass, that is assumed at this point. I am looking for any help on what to do I live in the mid-west and can't just drive or fly to get my part back. I am sick to my stomach over this issue so any help would be appreciated. At this point my bike torn down just sitting on my stand with the TB mod to be the first of many things done to it. I am ready to put a new TB on the bike and sell it, witch is a shame it only has 25hrs on it and looks like new. Please let this be a warning don't let this happen to you. I have been riding since age 5 now 42 and I have never been in contact with such a POS as Wade when dealing with guys in the motorcycle industry. My only hope is that one day MR. Wilcox and I cross paths and he speaks kindly of me in the police report.  :thumbsdn:

• Monk

Posted February 14, 2016 - 08:20 AM

Call the police!?

• LSHD

Posted February 14, 2016 - 08:38 AM

1. Buy a used TB off eBay for $130. Then you are out only $430.

2. Stop posting comments about violence and police reports on a public forum.  :facepalm:

3. Keep trying to get your part back, but prepare yourself for the devastating reality that you may lose out on this one.

Why would you sell the bike?

• William1

Posted February 14, 2016 - 08:42 AM

Contact your credit card company. You should of done that after thirty days.

• mbmak

Posted February 14, 2016 - 11:05 AM

Thanks for the advice. Yes my frustration may have gotten the best of me and I should not have posted anything in regards to violence or police reports on this forum. :naughty:

I was holding off on calling the credit card company foolishly thinking I still might get my part back. I am fine with buying used parts on ebay not sure if a throttle body is one of

them. This is my first EFI bike and I am not very experienced with fuel injection. I was all set to re valve my suspension, get a larger fuel tank, GYTR flywheel, and 18" rear.

Now with the thought of my throttle response being unchanged from stock does not sound like fun in the woods. This experience has left a bad taste in my mouth and made me

question if it is worth dumping money into the yz or sell it and buy something made for the woods. 

• Treeyz450

Posted February 14, 2016 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for the advice. Yes my frustration may have gotten the best of me and I should not have posted anything in regards to violence or police reports on this forum. :naughty:

I was holding off on calling the credit card company foolishly thinking I still might get my part back. I am fine with buying used parts on ebay not sure if a throttle body is one of

them. This is my first EFI bike and I am not very experienced with fuel injection. I was all set to re valve my suspension, get a larger fuel tank, GYTR flywheel, and 18" rear.

Now with the thought of my throttle response being unchanged from stock does not sound like fun in the woods. This experience has left a bad taste in my mouth and made me

question if it is worth dumping money into the yz or sell it and buy something made for the woods.

Besides the new Yzf/x bikes, I love the Yz for the woods! I do know exactly how you feel man......I just recently had my sons dirt bike stolen, then I dropped a valve in my 08 yz450 and basically destroyed from the cylinder up less than a month later, and I just found out yesterday that someone cut the chain and stole my toy hauling trailer!!!! so, I know how pissed you are, and what you want to do the people responsible.............

But, back to the bike, once you set it up for woods, and smooth out the hit, I believe it is one of the best and most reliable woods bikes out there!!!!

I don't know how much experience you have with the yz's, I'm not on here 24/7, so don't take this the wrong way, but a flywheel weight helps a lot also.

Good luck man! And if it makes you feel any better, my bike will be sitting for a little bit too.

• Goforaride

Posted February 14, 2016 - 05:55 PM

Besides the new Yzf/x bikes, I love the Yz for the woods! I do know exactly how you feel man......I just recently had my sons dirt bike stolen, then I dropped a valve in my 08 yz450 and basically destroyed from the cylinder up less than a month later, and I just found out yesterday that someone cut the chain and stole my toy hauling trailer!!!! so, I know how pissed you are, and what you want to do the people responsible.............
But, back to the bike, once you set it up for woods, and smooth out the hit, I believe it is one of the best and most reliable woods bikes out there!!!!
I don't know how much experience you have with the yz's, I'm not on here 24/7, so don't take this the wrong way, but a flywheel weight helps a lot also.
Good luck man! And if it makes you feel any better, my bike will be sitting for a little bit too.

on the bright side, if the rule of 3's holds true you should be good for a while.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GHILL28

Posted February 15, 2016 - 11:01 AM

http://www.bbb.org/l...8440/complaints

http://www.vitalmx.c...u-decide,989782

http://www.vitalmx.c...ox-HELP,1279908

I wouldn't do business with this dude.  This is just from a Google search of "Injectioneering BBB".  Appears to have no assets available for refunds from prior encounters.

He's in Torrance which is right in the center of LA more or less.  I'm sure someone could pay him a visit.  A little out of my range.

Technically, it sounds like he's committing mail fraud.  Since it's across state lines, it becomes a federal issue or some sort.  That means DEEP shit for him.  What carrier did you use?  Call the police department in Torrance and file a report.

• yz250f 78

Posted February 15, 2016 - 12:10 PM

Well don't just sit there do something!!! Hold him accountable!!
I know a worthless motor guy in uniontown pa. Lol can you guess who? Give people the benefit of dought and you end up getting screwed.
Freakin bullshitten scammers!

• mbmak

Posted February 15, 2016 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for all the input and advice Mr. Wilcox and I will cross paths one day. I am a small business owner that has scraped and clawed my way out of the trailer park to provide     a good life for myself and my family and I have never forgotten where I came from. I feel sorry for this guy and one day soon he will get what he deserves. I have spoken with a lawyer and the cost of going after this prick far out weights the reward and I guess that is why he is still doing it. At this time I have excepted the fact that I was played for a chump by Mr.Wilcox but this will never be forgotten by me only a lesson learned the hard way. I work hard for my money and time spent riding away from my family is valuable. Most people I run across that share my the passion for motorcycles are good people this is a reminder that there are some real dicks out there. I will always give people the benefit of the doubt and give them a chance to do the right thing, this is getting harder to do. I have been lurking on this forum since 01 and the days of dial up so save your bullshit comments they are not needed.

Thanks  

• GHILL28

Posted February 15, 2016 - 05:22 PM

Get law enforcement involved.  If you paid with a CC, or any kind of tender that has a receipt, submit that as proof.  "Karma" doesn't come from just sitting around hoping it'll do its thing.  Sounds like you work hard for your money, and you weren't planning on donating parts and money to him to waste your time.  Put his ass out of business.

https://postalinspec...ecomplaint.aspx

• LSHD

Posted February 15, 2016 - 05:28 PM

Small claims court.

• GHILL28

Posted February 15, 2016 - 05:43 PM

In all likelihood, small claims court would require him to file in CA in LA county, so he would have to appear in person.  Travel expenses are about what his actual damages are.  Now I could be wrong about that, and IF it can be filed locally, go ahead and do it.  Costs almost nothing, just have your paperwork together, and it would require HIM to appear at your local court.  Bet you he perks up right away when he's served with that notice.  Or - he does nothing, doesn't show up, and you automatically get awarded a judgement against him, and have to go about collecting it, which could be fruitless.  Most likely your attorney came to the same conclusion.  

That's why getting the local agencies involved would give greater leverage.  If the states/county has a case against him for manipulating the mail system for fraud, he's in a whole different world of shit, and you could get your money/goods returned.

• 95s10nj

Posted February 16, 2016 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for all the input and advice Mr. Wilcox and I will cross paths one day. I am a small business owner that has scraped and clawed my way out of the trailer park to provide     a good life for myself and my family and I have never forgotten where I came from. I feel sorry for this guy and one day soon he will get what he deserves. I have spoken with a lawyer and the cost of going after this prick far out weights the reward and I guess that is why he is still doing it. At this time I have excepted the fact that I was played for a chump by Mr.Wilcox but this will never be forgotten by me only a lesson learned the hard way. I work hard for my money and time spent riding away from my family is valuable. Most people I run across that share my the passion for motorcycles are good people this is a reminder that there are some real dicks out there. I will always give people the benefit of the doubt and give them a chance to do the right thing, this is getting harder to do. I have been lurking on this forum since 01 and the days of dial up so save your bullshit comments they are not needed.

Thanks  

I happened to come across this thread looking for something else. I had an issue with injectioneering last year as well but I did eventually receive my throttle body even though it was months later than promised. I actually ended up reaching out to another member on here for help and after not hearing from him for months I got a call that same day this member got a hold of him. PM me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.