WR 400 Jetting -carb tuning

4 replies to this topic
  • lemmingscliff

Posted March 05, 2004 - 07:41 AM

I recently finished assembly on my bike in a box and have a few questions. First of all, I ride in Colorado (6000-7000 ft.) The engine I have came from utah. I did the air box mod and the throttle stop as well and put on a fmf powerbomb header and the powercore 4 silencer. Can anyone give me a good starting point for the jets and mixture screw. Also, the screw for the accelerator pump was missing so we put a new screw in it, how far through the other side should it protrude? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks :)

• Hick

Posted March 05, 2004 - 07:48 AM

Pump adjustment: Screw in until all slack is taken up, then go back out 1/2 to 1 full turn. Adjust to best throttle response. You may also consider something called a "BK mod" (do a search of those terms), the '00 accelerator pump is overly generous...

For your elevation I would try at least 1 clip position leaner. Stock jetting for that model is I believe 165 main and 42 pilot. I would try a 40 and 160.

Hopefully somebody w/ a WR400 at that elevation, or near it, will come along with more specific suggestions.

Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted March 05, 2004 - 08:12 AM

what year WR?

• Hick

Posted March 05, 2004 - 08:51 AM

what year WR?

Wow, I thought the post indicated it was an '00 WR.

I was hallucinating. :)

• lemmingscliff

Posted March 05, 2004 - 03:13 PM

It is a 2000 WR, you werent hallucinating, youre psychic.
Thanks for the help.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.