New 2016 YZ450F

4 replies to this topic
  • hondacrfinct

Posted February 11, 2016 - 07:30 PM

Hey Everyone,

Beyond excited to say I picked up a 2016 450F yesterday. I'm beyond pumped to be on the Yamaha, there has to be a reason they're so popular these days.

Any tips for things right off the bat like break in?

Now i'm just hoping I don't run into any issues with the BluCru rewards  :rolleyes:

FullSizeRender%206_zpsjg10gomj.jpg

Edited by hondacrfinct, February 11, 2016 - 07:32 PM.

• Monk

Posted February 11, 2016 - 08:55 PM

Ride it for 10min at idle-half throttle around the track, preferably not under load (maybe 3-5laps) and then ride it like no other. Drop oil after first 2hrs, throw some Rotella in and your golden...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dklassen

Posted February 11, 2016 - 09:47 PM

I suggest you grease the steering head bearings immediately. I just pulled one out of the crate and they were almost dry. The linkage was better but if you have time do those too.

• Stevemeist

Posted February 11, 2016 - 09:50 PM

Awesome bike dude! I picked one up back in December and it's the best bike I've ever owned! Zero problems so far. I used the break-in method in the owners manual and everything turned out fine. I did change the oil and filter a little more often on the first couple of long rides just to be safe.

• Stevemeist

Posted February 11, 2016 - 09:52 PM

And I would also do what Dklassen said about greasing the steering head bearings. Mine had very little grease on it also.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.