2008 wr450 from you brake

7 replies to this topic
  • Scjones1990

Posted February 11, 2016 - 10:34 AM

I picked up the bike about aon the ago and in the prosses of getting everything fixed and ready to ride I've noticed that the front brake is really spongy I've bleed ot a coupe times and never got any air out of it and noticed that the front brake line expands quite a bit when you squeeze the brake is there another way to get a more firm feeling g out of the brake like changing the brake line or something along those lines?

• stevethe

Posted February 11, 2016 - 11:32 AM

You may still have something in the line which is sometimes difficult to get out. You may have to elevate the caliper to get all the air out. If you want to try a stainless line they are out there.

• Scjones1990

Posted February 11, 2016 - 12:10 PM

Does the stainless line help alot?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 11, 2016 - 05:03 PM

Rebuild the Master Cylinder on the bars, flush it, and back-flow bleed it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stainless601

Posted February 11, 2016 - 06:15 PM

You've still got air in the system, they can be difficult to bleed. Use a reverse bleeder system. Some other master cylinders will give better results but the stock one is adequate when working properly.

• Scjones1990

Posted February 11, 2016 - 07:41 PM

So suck the resivoir down and push fluid into the caliper ?

• stainless601

Posted February 15, 2016 - 07:11 PM

Yes, remove most of the fluid from the reservoir, then use brake fluid under pressure forced in through the caliper bleeder. This clears the line from the lowest point to the highest point. Only the chamber in the master cylinder piston will be left.

• ftl900

Posted February 17, 2016 - 12:37 PM

I use one of these, and it works great for bleeding or reverse bleeding.  

I have spongy front brakes too, just ordered a SS braided brake line for it. 

s-l225.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.