'14 yz450f

6 replies to this topic
  • DRockk

Posted February 07, 2016 - 01:06 PM

Just picked up my dirt bike and can't wait to rip on it! All stock except for rekluse clutch. Just bought a gytr fuel and ignition tuner for it. What else should I get or do to this beast?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1454879029849.jpg

• icon27

Posted February 07, 2016 - 03:17 PM

1st - Suspension! Get the correct springs for your weight and riding ability and if you have the $$$ have the girls and shocks revalved if you want ultimate performance. It's a great bike stock. Keep it at that and just ride till the pipe falls off...

• icon27

Posted February 07, 2016 - 03:18 PM

1st - Suspension! Get the correct springs for your weight and riding ability and if you have the $$$ have the forks and shock revalved, if you want ultimate performance. It's a great bike stock. Keep it at that and just ride till the pipe falls off...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DRockk

Posted February 07, 2016 - 07:47 PM

Did you do it yourself or send it to factory connection? I though about doing it it's around a g bar, but I guarantee it would be worth it

• Treeyz450

Posted February 09, 2016 - 05:37 PM

Did you do it yourself or send it to factory connection? I though about doing it it's around a g bar, but I guarantee it would be worth it

I had mine done by shipping the forks and rear shock assembly about 2hrs away, and it was about $500. I just got mine rebuilt and re-sprung tho.

• Monk

Posted February 09, 2016 - 07:40 PM

Work with oil height, spring rates, clickers, fork height and sag before you send your stuff away. You'll be wasting money on suspension if you dont learn about what you already have and how to set the bike up...

• DRockk

Posted February 09, 2016 - 09:27 PM

Work with oil height, spring rates, clickers, fork height and sag before you send your stuff away. You'll be wasting money on suspension if you dont learn about what you already have and how to set the bike up...

Yeah before I spend thay much money I would like to work with what I got and then see if it's necessary

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.