Lighting kit yz426f help please

2 replies to this topic
  • Hnh86

Posted February 06, 2016 - 08:05 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and I'm a rider from Australia.. just need some help on wiring my yz426 for recreation reg.

Basically I bought a lighting kit which came with tail light, headlight, horn and a wiring loom with the regulator which has 2 wires coming out of it, one wire is supposed to go to power and one is earth. The yz426 has 6 wires coming out of the magneto the run all the way up to the CDI and one of them wires is pink which is power. Here's the problem, the bike also had 2 separate yellow wires coming out of the magneto which I followed up near the radiator and the ends were taped with electrical tape.. long story short I worked out that one was power and one is a earth, (previous owner must of I hooked up power directly from the magneto) only problem I'm having is on idle the lights a very dull almost not visible until the bike is revved up then it gets bright, once you let it idle again it's barely visible, my question is, do you guys think that if I tap into the pink power wire (what I was originally supposed to do) coming from the magneto going to the CDI will give my lights more power then the power wire coming directly from the magneto?.. I obviously used the new wires I discovered as it was much easier then tapping into the pink wire. But if the pink wire is going to give me more power then I definately will do that.. sorry guys I know all I have to do is try it out to find out but I'm not the best with this stuff and I don't want to have to do it if it's going to be the same. Any help will be MUCH appreciated!!!

Thanks
Hus.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hnh86

Posted February 07, 2016 - 02:23 AM

Some one has to know.. any info will help alot

• Hnh86

Posted February 07, 2016 - 08:33 PM

Sorted.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.