are WR450 & YZ450 plastics interchangeable?

1 reply to this topic
  • nay_whaaat

Posted February 04, 2016 - 06:18 AM

Hi guys!

I am despirately looking for a set of black plastics for my 2004 wr450.
To my knowledge and searching on the net they do not exist in black for this year and model, but i have read a few forums from about 10 years ago saying that the yz plastics will fit, i have also read another that says they don't fit due to the wr having a quick release airbox so now i am a bit confused do they fit or not? :bonk:  is it just the side panels that don't fit? could i fit them with some mods and if so what mods would have to be done?

i am hoping some one with a bit more knowledge and experience with these bikes can help me out?  :rolleyes:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • knuckleduster271

Posted February 05, 2016 - 09:59 PM

I put a yz tank, shrouds and number plates on my 03 wr450.
To make it look right you have to get the seat foam from a yz and put iton the wr pan. To do this the yz foam has to be shaved to fit on the wr pan due the shape of the pan for the battery which the yz doesnt have.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.