- - - - -

DRZ 400 tires and rims

• Please sign in to reply

5 replies to this topic
  • rickdz

TT Newbie

3 posts

Posted February 03, 2016 - 03:43 PM

Hey guys, new to the forum. I just picked up a 2001 DRZ 400 enduro model. It's really just a commuter/around town bike. I want to put SM tires and wheels since all my riding is on the street I'd also like a little lower seat height. I've talked to a few guys who say to look for some used tires and wheels off a sport bike but I'm not sure what to look for that will fit. I'm not trying to make it a  real Supermoto, just would like the street tires and lower seat without the expense of brand new. Any help would be appreciated.

• JoeRC51
1,725 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 01:01 PM

You could reuse your hubs with new rims and spokes. That's what I did. Check out Buchanan's Spoke and Rim.

• rickdz

TT Newbie

3 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 05:12 PM

You could reuse your hubs with new rims and spokes. That's what I did. Check out Buchanan's Spoke and Rim.

Thanks man. I haven't ridden in a few years and this bike came along, figured it would be an easy and cheap way to try out supermtoto style bike by changing tires, I didn't realize how involved it can get. The bike's not worth the money to get serious with but if I like it I'll get a newer bike that's already set up.

• dukeboy757

TT Newbie

13 posts

Posted February 09, 2016 - 09:12 PM

I don't think you can avoid getting the $1200 warp 9 wheels if you want a wider street tire. They make nice street tires that will fit the s model rims

• rickdz

TT Newbie

3 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 04:40 PM

Thanks. Do you think that stock vstrom 650 wheels and tires would work?

• dukeboy757

TT Newbie

13 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 05:29 AM

Look up "hooligan mod". Many people are doing minor modifications to gs500 wheels to fit them on their s model.

Related Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.